Fix README.md for commonmark with small edits
Reviewed-by: Jamie Madill <email@example.com>
Reviewed-by: Geoff Lang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Commit-Queue: Geoff Lang <email@example.com>
diff --git a/README.md b/README.md
index 632b416..802b403 100644
@@ -1,4 +1,5 @@
+# ANGLE - Almost Native Graphics Layer Engine
The goal of ANGLE is to allow users of multiple operating systems to seamlessly run WebGL and other OpenGL ES content by translating OpenGL ES API calls to one of the hardware-supported APIs available for that platform. ANGLE currently provides translation from OpenGL ES 2.0 to desktop OpenGL, Direct3D 9, and Direct3D 11. Support for translation from OpenGL ES 3.0 to all of these APIs is nearing completion, and future plans include enabling validated ES-to-ES support.
| | Direct3D 9 | Direct3D 11 | Desktop GL | GL ES |
@@ -21,24 +22,33 @@
Portions of the ANGLE shader compiler are used as a shader validator and translator by WebGL implementations across multiple platforms. It is used on Mac OS X, Linux, and in mobile variants of the browsers. Having one shader validator helps to ensure that a consistent set of GLSL ES shaders are accepted across browsers and platforms. The shader translator can be used to translate shaders to other shading languages, and to optionally apply shader modifications to work around bugs or quirks in the native graphics drivers. The translator targets Desktop GLSL, Direct3D HLSL, and even ESSL for native GLES2 platforms.
-Browse ANGLE's source in the [repository](https://chromium.googlesource.com/angle/angle)
+ANGLE repository is hosted by Chromium project and can be
+[browsed online](https://chromium.googlesource.com/angle/angle) or cloned with
+ git clone https://chromium.googlesource.com/angle/angle
View the [Dev setup instructions](doc/DevSetup.md). For generating a Windows Store version of ANGLE view the [Windows Store instructions](doc/BuildingAngleForWindowsStore.md)
* Join our [Google group](https://groups.google.com/group/angleproject) to keep up to date.
* Join us on IRC in the #ANGLEproject channel on FreeNode.
* Read about ANGLE development in our [documentation](doc).
* Become a [code contributor](doc/ContributingCode.md).
* Refer to ANGLE's [coding standard](doc/CodingStandard.md).
* Learn how to [build ANGLE for Chromium development](doc/BuildingAngleForChromiumDevelopment.md).
-* [Choose an ANGLE branch](doc/ChoosingANGLEBranch.md) to track in your own project.
+* Notes on [debugging ANGLE](doc/DebuggingTips.md).
* File bugs in the [issue tracker](http://code.google.com/p/angleproject/issues/list) (preferably with an isolated test-case).
+* [Choose an ANGLE branch](doc/ChoosingANGLEBranch.md) to track in your own project.
* Read about WebGL on the [Khronos WebGL Wiki](http://khronos.org/webgl/wiki/Main_Page).
* Learn about implementation details in the [OpenGL Insights chapter on ANGLE](http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~pcozzi/OpenGLInsights/OpenGLInsights-ANGLE.pdf) and this [ANGLE presentation](https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw29oYeC09QbbHoxNE5EUFh0RGs/view?usp=sharing).
* Learn about the past, present, and future of the ANGLE implementation in [this recent presentation](https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1CucIsdGVDmdTWRUbg68IxLE5jXwCb2y1E9YVhQo0thg/pub?start=false&loop=false).
-* Notes on [debugging ANGLE](doc/DebuggingTips.md).
* If you use ANGLE in your own project, we'd love to hear about it!