Update ICU to 62.1 + local patches
What's new in ICU 62.1:
- Unicode 11 (new scripts, Emoji update, Text Boundary/Line break updates)
- CLDR 33.1 (locale data; http://cldr.unicode.org/index/downloads/cldr-33-1 )
- More Numberformatter improvements and its support in MsgFormat
- See http://site.icu-project.org/download/62 for more details.
The update steps are recorded in
The list of local changes are:
Cherry-pick Greek lowercasing fix
Fix a DecimalFormat maxSignificantDigits issue.
* Rebuild the data files: size eduction of ~ 45 KiB
6386176 => 6340576 android
4929248 => 4883232 cast
10264208 => 10218000 common
6372480 => 6326896 ios
* Update README.chromium and remove a reference to
icudt.dll for Windows because it's not used any more.
* Drop patches that became unnecessary.
* Apply the remaining patches
* Apply data-build related patches
* Apply BreakIterator related patches + locale1 patch
* Apply Google's patch for locale data
- region display names
- likely subtags
- Arabic locale: default number system => Latn
- AM/PM markers for Hindi and a few Indic locales
* Check in ICU 62.1 to the tree (62staging branch) by
Build files are updated by the script.
Reviewed-by: Jungshik Shin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
1053 files changed