Current as of June 2017...
There are multiple efforts going on in Chromium to address memory. The mailing list + bug system + slack in combination is meant to aid these efforts by:
- creating a connecting place for all people who work on memory on Chrome
- identifying and solving the most important memory problems that really need cross-team collaboration
Currently, the top 3 problems being work on are:
- Improve user experience for Chrome users with many tabs on Desktop
- Improve user experience for Chrome users on low-memory mobile devices.
- Detect and fix memory regressions and leaks.