Under classic/single-process mash:
- The dbus::Bus instance is created in chrome and passed to ash in ShellInitParams.
- Access to D-Bus clients is restricted to clients that will eventually be owned by the ash process.
Under multi-process ash (mash):
- AshDBusHelper creates its own dbus thread and dbus::Bus instance.
- The D-Bus clients created in AshService are owned by the ash process.
- The D-Bus services in AshDBusServices are owned by the ash process.
//ash/README.md for details on mash. See Chrome OS D-Bus Usage in Chrome for information about adding D-Bus services.