Chromium UI Frontline Triage Procedures and Policy
Filing New Issues
- Read and follow the Chromium Code of Conduct.
- File your issue on http://crbug.com/.
- Required: Repro Steps
- Preferred: Screenshots
- Optional: Video Repro (Please keep brief and to the point)
- Add the label Hotlist-DesktopUIConsider.
- Find an appropriate component.
Issues must be marked Hotlist-DesktopUIConsider by Wednesday 5:00p PT for consideration for that week.
Weekly Triage Process
- After the consideration deadline, query for all Hotlist-DesktopUIConsider bugs.
- For each bug, perform the following:
- Assess Priority
- P0: Emergency, must be fixed now or before the next Canary. Mark with a ReleaseBlock label for the nearest build that does not have the issue.
- P1: Bug most users will hit. Mark with a ReleaseBlock label.
- Mark ReleaseBlock-Dev if the issue impacts a core scenario (like scrolling).
- Mark ReleaseBlock-Beta if the issue impacts a secondary scenario.
- Mark ReleaseBlock-Stable if Chrome should never ship with this issue.
- P2 - Bug that many users may hit and/or has a reasonable workaround.
- P3 - Bug that few users will hit.
- Schedule a milestone.
- Assign to relevant area owner:
- Omnibox: jdonneley@
- Top Chrome: dfried@
- UI Platform: robliao@
- WebUI: dpapad@
- Once all bugs are triaged, remove the Hotlist-DesktopUIConsider label and add Hotlist-DesktopUITriaged.
Periodic Review at Milestone Branch
For all Hotlist-DesktopUITriaged bugs, reassess priority and milestone using the above standards.