Android Testing in Chromium
- Native Unit Tests: Normal Chromium unit tests based on the gtest framework. Tests for native code.
- Java Unit Tests: JUnit tests that run on the host machine using Robolectric to emulate Android APIs.
- Instrumentation Tests: JUnit tests that run on Android devices (or emulators).
- Unit Instrumentation Tests: Instrumentation tests that test an individual feature. They do not require starting up ContentShell (or Chrome browser). These use BaseActivityTestRule or BlankUiTestActivityTestCase based on
- Integration Instrumentation Tests: Instrumentation tests that bring up ContentShell (or Chrome browser) to test a certain feature in the end-to-end flow. These typically use more specialized test rules such as ContentShellActivityTestRule or ChromeActivityTestRule.
How do I...
- set up
- writing tests
- running tests
- debugging tests
How does it work on Android?