Add PyTest support for Mac, remove pylint & dependency validation
Take care of a few repository maintenance and cleanup tasks:
- Add support to run pytest on Mac: google-crc32c was not available for the mac platform in version 1.1.2, but support was added in 1.3.0
- Use YAPF instead of pylint: YAPF was already suggested to format text, but applies different rules than pylint which was used in presubmit. YAPF is now used for lint checking in presubmit as well.
- Validate generated dependencies: When running `tools/generate_requirements_txt.py`, new recursive dependencies might be added which are not defined in .vpython3. This is an issue for running tests (which rely on cipd wheels defined in .vpython3), and a security concern due to the inclusion of unreviewed versions. This change validates that all (recursive) dependencies added to requirements.txt have been defined in .vpython3 and provides helpful messages if validation fails, e.g.
Exception: Generated requirements.txt differs from definitions in .vpython3:
· charset-normalizer==2.0.4 found in requirements.txt, but .vpython3 defines version 1.1.0
· pyasn1-modules==0.2.8 found in requirements.txt, but not in .vpython3
Fix the .vpython3 definitions and re-run this command.
- Add tmrts & machenbach as OWNERS
Auto-Submit: Alexander Schulze <email@example.com>
Reviewed-by: Michael Achenbach <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Commit-Queue: Michael Achenbach <email@example.com>
6 files changed