General sandbox repo
These repositories will not include any real code, but can be used to test or monitor aspects of the infrastructure.
For example, we may have some dummy repositories for:
- Testing git merge handling in the CQ
- New CQ submission / rejection / exoneration behaviors
- Blackbox monitoring of pre-cq or cq submission
New CQ features could be added behind a config flag, and rolled out to dummy repos first to minimize risk.
- Easily accomplished.
- Allows for safer rollouts of new CQ features.
- Encourages testing in production. (rebuttal: we already test a lot in production due to lack of a staging environment that replicates the real CQ environment; this just makes such inevitable tests safer).
- Adds some junk repos to the manifest.