dbus is a simple library that implements native Go client bindings for the D-Bus message bus system.
- Complete native implementation of the D-Bus message protocol
- Go-like API (channels for signals / asynchronous method calls, Goroutine-safe connections)
- Subpackages that help with the introspection / property interfaces
This packages requires Go 1.12 or later. It can be installed by running the command below:
go get github.com/godbus/dbus/v5
The complete package documentation and some simple examples are available at godoc.org. Also, the _examples directory gives a short overview over the basic usage.
Projects using godbus
- fyne a cross platform GUI in Go inspired by Material Design.
- fynedesk a full desktop environment for Linux/Unix using Fyne.
- go-bluetooth provides a bluetooth client over bluez dbus API.
- iwd go bindings for the internet wireless daemon “iwd”.
- notify provides desktop notifications over dbus into a library.
- playerbm a bookmark utility for media players.
- rpic lightweight web app and RESTful API for managing a Raspberry Pi
Please note that the API is considered unstable for now and may change without further notice.
go.dbus is available under the Simplified BSD License; see LICENSE for the full text.
Nearly all of the credit for this library goes to github.com/guelfey/go.dbus.