Tue, 3 Aug 2010 10:44:32 -0800 Google Inc. <email@example.com>
Release version 0.8 with the following changes:
* Issue #12: Truncate decoded_target_ after decoding each window, rather than
after each call to DecodeChunk(). This helps limit memory usage when
processing multiple windows.
* Issue #22: To work around a bug in the gold linker
(http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=10238), list all direct
library dependencies in Makefile.am.
* Issue #23: Add an option for the encoder to produce simple JSON output
instead of VCDIFF (RFC 3284) format.
* Issue #25: Enable VCDIFF_USE_BLOCK_COMPARE_WORDS for the PowerPC
architecture as well as for x86. The test
BlockContentsMatchIsAsFastAsBlockCompareWords failed on a PowerPC machine
running AIX 5.3.8.
* Issue #28: Only call string::reserve() when the required capacity is greater
than the string's current capacity.
* Get rid of ExitFatal(). It is no longer used for anything since the custom
test framework was replaced with gtest.
* Get rid of the match count feature.
* Rename the log macros: for example, LOG(ERROR) is now VCD_ERROR.
Rename COMPILE_ASSERT to VCD_COMPILE_ASSERT.
* Simplify RollingHash by performing its sanity checks at compile time.
* The googletest package is now referenced as an svn:externals property.
Remove the branched googletest sources from src/gtest and instead reference
the source files in the top-level gtest directory.
* Likewise, the google-gflags package is now referenced as an svn:externals
property. Remove the branched gflags sources from src/gflags and instead
reference the source files in the top-level gflags directory.
* Use version 1.11 of Automake.
* Explicitly include the m4 directory in configuration scripts.
* Call LT_INIT from configure.ac as suggested by libtool.
* Don't distribute gflags and gtest documents whose names conflict with the
same documents in the open-vcdiff package.
* Only define _XOPEN_SOURCE if not already defined.
* Fix warnings that appeared when compiling on RedHat 9 with gcc 3.2.2:
src/encodetable_test.cc:111: warning: cannot pass objects of non-POD
type `struct std::string' through `...'; call will abort at runtime
* Fix Visual Studio compiler warning about mismatch between size_t and int
* Add contributors' names to THANKS file.
Fri, 09 Oct 2009 10:32:10 -0700 Google Inc. <firstname.lastname@example.org>
106 files changed