[clang] perform semantic checking in constant context
Since the addition of __builtin_is_constant_evaluated the result of an expression can change based on whether it is evaluated in constant context. a lot of semantic checking performs evaluations with out specifying context. which can lead to wrong diagnostics.
constexpr int i0 = (long long)__builtin_is_constant_evaluated() * (1ll << 33); //#1
constexpr int i1 = (long long)!__builtin_is_constant_evaluated() * (1ll << 33); //#2
before the patch, #2 was diagnosed incorrectly and #1 wasn't diagnosed.
after the patch #1 is diagnosed as it should and #2 isn't.
- add a flag to Sema to passe in constant context mode.
- in SemaChecking.cpp calls to Expr::Evaluate* are now done in constant context when they should.
- in SemaChecking.cpp diagnostics for UB are not checked for in constant context because an error will be emitted by the constant evaluator.
- in SemaChecking.cpp diagnostics for construct that cannot appear in constant context are not checked for in constant context.
- in SemaChecking.cpp diagnostics on constant expression are always emitted because constant expression are always evaluated.
- semantic checking for initialization of constexpr variables is now done in constant context.
- adapt test that were depending on warning changes.
- add test.
Reviewed By: rsmith
Differential Revision: https://reviews.llvm.org/D62009
8 files changed