2019-01-31 v1.8.0 "Northern Shoveler Duck"
This release focused on encoding performance for realtime and VOD use cases.
This adds and improves several vp9 controls. Most are related to SVC:
- Frame dropping in SVC.
- Inter-layer prediction in SVC.
- Enable long term temporal reference in SVC.
- Extend and improve this control for better flexibility in setting SVC
- Allow for post-encode frame dropping (applies to non-SVC too).
- Enable spatial layer sync frames.
- Extend api to specify temporal id for each spatial layers.
- Extend Region of Interest functionality to VP9.
2 pass vp9 encoding has improved substantially. When using --auto-alt-ref=6,
we see approximately 8% for VBR and 10% for CQ. When using --auto-alt-ref=1,
the gains are approximately 4% for VBR and 5% for CQ.
For real-time encoding, speed 7 has improved by ~5-10%. Encodes targeted at
screen sharing have improved when the content changes significantly (slide
sharing) or scrolls. There is a new speed 9 setting for mobile devices which
is about 10-20% faster than speed 8.
- Bug fixes:
VP9 denoiser issue.
VP9 partition issue for 1080p.
VP9 rate control improvments.
Postprocessing Multi Frame Quality Enhancement (MFQE) issue.
VP8 multithread decoder issues.
A variety of fuzzing issues.
Release v1.8.0 Northern Shoveler
5 files changed