libFuzzer in Chromium
go/libfuzzer-chromium (Googler only)
This directory contains integration between libFuzzer and Chromium. LibFuzzer is an in-process coverage-driven evolutionary fuzzing engine. It helps engineers to uncover potential security & stability problems.
Requirements: libFuzzer in Chromium is supported with Linux, Chrome OS, Mac, and Windows.
Fuzzer tests are well-integrated with Chromium build system and distributed ClusterFuzz fuzzing system. Cover bug: crbug.com/539572.
- Getting Started Guide walks you through all the steps necessary to create your fuzz target and submit it to ClusterFuzz.
- Efficient Fuzzer Guide explains how to measure fuzz target effectiveness and ways to improve it.
- Guide to libprotobuf-mutator walks through the steps necessary to create a fuzz target that expects a protobuf as input (instead of a byte stream). In addition to fuzzing code that accepts protobufs, it can be used to fuzz code that requires multiple mutated inputs, or to generate inputs defined by a grammar.
- ClusterFuzz Integration describes integration between ClusterFuzz and libFuzzer.
- Reproducing Bugs describes how to reproduce bugs found by libFuzzer/AFL and reported by ClusterFuzz.
- Fuzzing on Chrome OS describes how to write fuzzers for the non-browser parts of Chrome OS.
- Reference contains detailed references for different integration parts.
- ClusterFuzz Bugs - issues found and automatically filed by ClusterFuzz.
- Manual Bugs - issues that were filed manually after running fuzz targets.
- Pdfium Bugs - bugs found in pdfium by manual fuzzing.
- OSS Trophies - bugs found with libFuzzer in open-source projects.